Friday 11 July 2014

Suarez departs Liverpool with ´heavy heart´

Luis Suarez: “It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool to fulfill a lifelong ambition”


Luis Suarez joins Barcelona

Luis Suarez has released a statement thanking Liverpool for their support during his tenure there and that he had no other option but to leave as he wanted to fulfill a lifelong dream.


Suarez scored 82 times in 133 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions but is now departing for Barcelona in a £75 million transfer.





Here’s an extract from Suarez’s statement: 

“It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.
“But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.
“I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife’s family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.


1 comment:

  1. Liverpool did everything to keep Suarez - Rodgers

    #Liverpool did everything within their power to keep #Barcelona-bound Luis Suarez at Anfield, manager Brendan Rodgers has insisted.

    ReplyDelete