Tuesday 27 March 2018

De Bruyne happy with Belgium progress after big win

De Bruyne feels Belgium are improving in good time for the World Cup after a commanding 4-0 friendly win over Saudi Arabia on Tuesday. Belgium were dominant from the off and secured a comfortable victory through a Romelu Lukaku brace and goals from Michy Batshuayi and midfielder De Bruyne. "The second half was better than the first," said De Bruyne. "The way we put pressure was more organised, it was better. "I thought this was a good test to continue to grow. It may not have been an important game, but of course you want to win. This way you create a mentality in which you want to keep winning. "This was also much better than the previous two matches we played." "With Belgium, I now play in a position where I do not get many goals," he said. "But in the last 10 to 15 minutes, I started to play a bit higher [getting a goal and an assist]. "My job is to let the team run as a defensive midfielder. The people in front of me are more than good enough to make the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment